Trade & Custom Compliance Analyst
Job Code: LGL1812
This position has responsibility for supporting the Corporate Compliance team in areas such as Harmonize Tariff Schedule Classification, Schedule B, country of origin determination, evaluation for Free Trade Agreements, implementation of export/import compliance programs globally and manuals maintenance. Duties also include, but are not limited to, develop and support AOI’s Global Trade System and other databases to comply with Global Trade Compliance regulations, and working with several internal and external business partners not limited to US, Taiwan, and China.
• Research and assign HTS (included but not limited to US, EU, CN, TW and Schedule B codes) to company’s relevant items. Including, packaging, raw materials, finished goods and equipment. Classification SOP’s must be followed to ensure that all relevant General Rules of Interpretation, General Notes and Customs and Border Protection Rulings are properly cited, and that records are maintained reflecting drawings, technical information or any other supporting data used to achieve a high level of classification accuracy.
• Perform yearly reviews to previously assigned HTS and Schedule B codes in order to update any changes to the existent codes.
• Assist with the customs compliance related sections for CTPAT status. Pull data samples and conduct quarterly post entry audits on imports. Review findings and coordinate with responsible parties on improvement plans. Monitor compliance with corrections..
• Support AOI’s Import/Exports Customs Compliance Program implementation in key geographies, including documentation of shared procedures, and systems blueprints as well as supporting the imports/exports team on related projects. This will require direct communication and coordination on a daily basis with different functional areas across the organization, in multiple countries..
• Help execute formal customs compliance training program for key geographic locations .
• Support the Compliance team in the eligibility determination, certification and record keeping of AOI’s products for Free Trade Agreements, as well as eligibility analysis for other preferential programs such as GSP and USGR.
• Serve as subject matter expert for Customs and Trade Compliance expert for regional markets in Europe, China, and Taiwan .
• Research AOI product composition and sourcing to determine Country of Origin based on applicable Rules of Origin and maintain records in coordination with the rest of the compliance team, and monitor any applicable changes.
• Support the execution of periodic risk assessments to AOI subsidiaries and business partners on a global basis .
BS/BA in Logistics, International Trade, Business and Engineering or equivalent experience required.
• 5 to 6 years directly working in import/export compliance.
• Demonstrated HTS classification experience. Previous experience with telecommunications products, as well as equipment and/or packaging recommended..
• Detailed understanding of HTS GRI’s and General Notes. Classification Certification is a plus .
• Knowledge of Customs Procedures.
• Knowledge/experience with, China, Taiwan and EU Customs Compliance regulations .
• Knowledge SAP or other ERP system.
• Interpersonal communication skills, relationship management and collaboration skills.
• Experience with Import/Export Operations in different countries is a plus.
• Attention to detail, and demonstrated ability of thorough analysis .
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills .
• Effective time management/prioritization skills .
• Adaptive to fast and continuous change .
• Strong oral and written communications skills .
• Due to global scope, flexibility in working hours is required (conference calls and meetings will be expected during some evenings and early mornings).
• Mandarin Chinese, strongly preferred.
Licensed US Customs Broker preferred
Sugar Land, TX