Senior R&D Engineer –Optoelectronics Device Design and Modeling
Department: Chip R&D
Job Code: SPDRD1819
Responsibilities include design, modeling, simulation, and characterization of optoelectronic devices (lasers, photon detectors, and integrated photonics) toward the development of new optoelectronic components. The candidate will be responsible for creating models and software to optimize device performance.
• Device design
• Device modeling and simulation, including RF simulation
• Coordinating design verification among Growth, Processing, Packaging, Characterization, and Reliability groups
• Electrical and optical characterization of semiconductor devices
• Written and oral reports
• Data analysis
PhD or MS in Electrical Engineering with equivalent experience
• 2+ years of work experience in semiconductor laser design is preferred
• Preferably having previous design experiences in one or more of the following areas: high-speed laser, electroabsorptive modulated laser (EML), tunable laser, PIN or APD photodetector and photonics integration.
• Exceptional new graduates are acceptable with appropriate academic experience
(1) Mastery of Matlab or other programming languages
(2) Good understanding of semiconductor laser, photodetector, and other optoelectronic device theory.
(3) Experience with test equipment including network analyzer, bit error rate test, etc. is preferred.
(4) Publishing and conference presentations are highly encouraged.
Sugar Land, TX