Senior Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Job Code: HR1801
Primary function is to plan, implement, and lead a variety of Human Resources Management functions. The position will manage and participate in recruitment and selection of team members; provide counsel in employee relations issues, management and supervisory training and coaching, affirmative action, general employee communications, HR guidelines, salary and benefits administration and lead recognition programs. The position must build solid relationships and participate as a business partner integrating with the leadership team.
- Understanding, developing and supporting the strategic initiatives of the business, including organizational design, staffing, training, employee relations, etc.
- Advice and assist management in communicating with team members on human resources matters, being sensitive to team members' needs and morale; reporting on the same with recommendations to maintain sound employee relations to promote a positive work environment.
- Build, manage and develop a world-class HR team to drive positive employee relations, create and sustain a productivity and service-centric HR culture
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Must be comfortable to handle fragile InP wafers with tweezers or holder.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. .
- Develops, prepare, generate, and analyze performance review evaluation and report.
- Prepare and monitor human resources budget
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
A bachelor's degree in HR and 12+ years' HR experience, OR A master's degree in HR and eight (8) years’ experience in the HR field.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to details
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring direct reports.
- Strong communication and proven track record of cross departmental collaboration.
- Bilingual in Mandarin Chinese is Required
- PHR/ SPHR certification preferred