Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Department: OCBU R&D
Job Code: OCBURD1802
A R&D Hardware Engineer working in a development group architecting and designing RF systems in AOIs OCBU group in the Cable Access Space.
• Document, Architect, and Implement hardware solutions for the Cable Access space
• Simulating RF designs in modeling software including Monte Carlo analysis
• Build and test hardware for EVT and DVT development stages
• Ability to work in tightly integrated functional team of electrical, mechanical, FPGA and software engineers
• Mentor junior member of engineering in RF design, simulation and hardware evaluation
Bachelor or Master in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• 10+ years of hardware engineering experience required
• 15+ years of hardware engineering experience preferred
• RF simulation in Genesys RF/Microwave Synthesis and Simulation Software.
• RF PCB design on multilayer PCBs.
• Writing software requirements specification documents.
• Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
• High Speed ADC and DAC design experience is desired
• Knowledge of CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 Specifications is plus
• Familiar with CableLabs CCAP architectures.
• Familiar with LabView is a plus
• Familiar with standard serial interface protocols, including I2C, SPI, USB, RS232 is desired
• Atlanta, GA
• 0-10% Travel