Semiconductor Engineering Engineer
Job Code: SPDSE1801
Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineer to support setup of new and upgrade of existing semiconductor manufacturing fab equipment and applications for wafer production and characterization of optoelectronic products. Responsibilities include installation, maintenance, automation, modifications and repairs of the wafer growth (including toxic gas handling) and material/device characterization equipment. Experience with semiconductor mass production and process automation are preferred.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, automation, modifications and repairs of the wafer growth (including toxic gas handling) and material/device characterization equipment.
- Contribute in process development.
- Develop and maintain safety and standard operation procedures.
- Support and troubleshooting of production line.
Bachelor or higher in mechanical, Electrical Engineering or semiconductor related field. Master degree preferred.
- Hands-on facility knowledge with high vacuum, high pressure gas, toxic gas, cleanroom and semiconductor lab safety.
- Preferred at least 5-year experience in the compound semiconductor industry or research lab in MBE and/or MOCVD wafer growth environment.
- Experience in process design and/or production support.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills..
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer programming knowledge.