Department: Sales and Marketing
Job Code: SM1815
A good candidate should possess excellent communication skills and be capable of approaching and building relationships with new and existing customers. In addition, the candidate should be able to prepare accurate and insightful business reports and recommended courses of action for review by management. Optimistic, friendly, outgoing, team spirit, immaculate attention to detail, and strong service orientation are critical to success in this position. While a formal engineering or technical education background is not required, this is a technical business-to-business sales position. Technical or technological interests, hobbies, or turn of mind is helpful, and the motivation and ability to learn highly technical details about our products and our company is critical to success.
The candidate will be responsible for the following job assignments:
- Take ownership of the customer experience on behalf of the Company, including working with and coordinating efforts across multiple internal teams to investigate and resolve customer problems and concerns.
- Manage day-to-day business as direct customer interface, including backlog, shipments, and inventory to meet customer’s requirements and Company revenue targets.
- Interact with customers assigned or explored; providing customer service and support as necessary to resolve issues and generate and close sales
- Collect market information from interactions with customers, market reports, published news, and independent self-guided market research for presentation to team members
- Compile business reports including recommended courses of action based on sound business insight for review by management, and perform analysis customer and business trends to drive performance improvement
- Being flexible to projects and duties assigned
1-2 years of sales experience is recommended.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with team members and customers while achieving quantifiable objectives.
- Feeling comfortable meeting new people, giving presentations, and approaching and building relationships with new people and customers
- Formal technical education or background is not required, but technical or technological hobbies, interests, or turn of mind is a plus - willingness and ability to learn technical product details is a must.