R&D Engineer - Semiconductor Wafer Processing
Department: Chip R&D
Job Code: SPDRD1804
The Research and Development Engineer will provide technical support in the research and development of new semiconductor optoelectronics products. The candidate will be working with a group of RD engineers and technicians in device design, growth, fabrication, and evaluation. The primary responsibility for this position is InP or GaAs based compound semiconductor wafer processing and device fabrication in cleanroom fab for developing new laser and photodetector products.
• Perform new laser and photodetector products device fabrication
• Responsibilities include the development, evaluation, and transfer of various processes for the manufacturing of new semiconductor optoelectronics devices, such as lasers and photodetectors.
• Work requires knowledge and hands-on experience on semiconductor wafer processing, such as photo mask design, photo lithography, wet/dry etching, chemical vapor deposition, and metallization.
• Work also require characterization skills such as using confocal microscope, surface profiler, ellipsometry, and SEM
• Work also requires statistical process control, data analysis and technical reports, and SOP documentation.
• Work also involves interaction with production line technicians and engineers in a cleanroom environment that requires team work and good communication
Master or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science; or BS with 3+ years experience
• 3+ years of relevant hands-on experience is preferred
• Exceptional new graduates are acceptable with appropriate academic experience
(1) Mastery of LabVIEW; L-Edit or other mask layout software
(2) Good understanding of semiconductor devise physics and optoelectronic device theory.
(3) Experience with test equipment including network analyzer, bit error rate test, etc. is preferred.
(4) Publishing and conference presentations are highly encouraged.