Paralegal – Corporate & IP
Job Code: LGL1809
Under general supervision, support document production and dissemination of materials for Board meetings, legal operational functions and corporate transactions and corporate governance matters. Handles non-routine work and special projects as assigned by Supervisor.
• Assist attorneys with securities, corporate governance, finance and other corporate law matters.
• Assist in the preparation of meeting agendas and binders for Board of Directors and Committee meetings and maintaining a resolutions index.
• Prepare and coordinate Annual Stockholders meetings process including document and spreadsheet preparation.
• Assist attorneys in the preparation of corporate governance and compliance documents, including policies, charters, training materials
• Participating in due diligence initiatives as they relate to corporate transactions.
• Preparation of annual and other periodic reports and filings for regulatory authorities and other third parties
• Oversee the maintenance of records of contracts, IP dockets and correspondences to ensure that records are complete, accurate and organized.
• Assist with the management of domestic and international intellectual property registrations including correspondence with clients and foreign counsel or agents regarding prosecution and maintenance of trademark application and registration
Bachelor degree or higher is required.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative support role in a professional office environment is required..
• 1-3 years corporate legal experience required
• Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals are required.
• Must show the ability to organize documents/information, use prioritization skills and concentrate on detailed information in a fast-paced work environment
• Must also demonstrate effective grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
• Must also demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn while ensuring that all deadlines are met.
• The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
• Must demonstrate a strong professional work ethic in handling private corporate matters in a confidential manner.
Sugar Land, TX