Optical Coating Engineer
Department: SPD Chip Production
Job Code: SPDLC1804
Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to operate optical coating equipment for fabrication of thin film semiconductors. Responsibilities include operation, maintenance, modifications, designs and repairs to the coating equipment.
- Responsible for optical coatings based on ion beam assisted sputtering and e-beam evaporation.
- Maintain production coating runs for high quality AR and HR coatings on facets.
- Solve issues - e.g., Leak in chamber, dry pump, cryo pump maintenance, dealing with vendors to buy parts.
- Optimize process parameters - e.g., Gas flow, substrate temperature, rate of deposition to achieve desirable properties of films.
- Optical measurements on ellipsometry for various coating characteristics.
- Lead maintenance, modifications, repair of coating machine.
- Written and oral reports and SOPs.
- Train, Support and troubleshooting of production line.
Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or semiconductor related field .
Minimum 5+ years of direct work experience is required.
Hands-on optical coating process knowledge.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced engineering and manufacturing environment
Sugar Land, TX