Job Code: MIS1805
A network security engineer is involved in the provisioning, deployment, configuration, and administration of many different pieces of network- and security-related hardware and software. These include firewalls, routers, switches, various network monitoring tools, and VPNs.
• Design, configure, maintain, and coordinate the use of customer's Local Area and three Wide Area Networks over MPLS
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
• Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
• Update, maintain all documentation requested by management and will be tasked with improving such documentation as required
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related program
• LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, VOIP, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning.
• Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, include software and hardware configurations
• Participate in of 24x7 on call rotation on a team of engineers
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related program
• At least 5 years of network administration experience
• CCNA preferred.
• Sugar Land, TX