Job Code: LGL1810
The successful candidate will perform in-house legal duties, including legal research, writing and analysis, contract review and providing day-to-day support for AOI’s legal team. This candidate is expected to have a strong grasp on the fundamentals of the legal process, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the analytical skills necessary for a fast paced corporate environment.
• Assist attorneys with securities filings, regulatory compliance and corporate governance related matters.
• Prepare and coordinate the Board, committees and stockholders meetings including preparation of agendas, minutes and other ancillary supporting documents..
• Assisting counsel in connection with review and revision of contracts, including maintenance of records to ensure data integrity and completion.
• Assist with the management of the company’s IP portfolio, including tracking prosecution and maintenance of dockets and registration.
• Research unique legal issues impacting the organization.
• Assisting internal and external counsel in connection with corporate transactions, including due diligence and preparation of disclosure support and schedule.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s or J.D. preferred.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience relating to general corporate legal matters, e.g. commercial contracts, corporate governance, and compliance.
Will consider new law graduate if candidate possesses the below qualities.
• High degree of organizational and time management skills to manage multiple, complex projects when necessary.
• Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and active listening skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to demonstrate sensitivity, tact and professionalism in dealing with others; a team player with positive attitude.
• Must also demonstrate effective grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
• Self-motivate and ability to work in a diverse, dynamic environment.
• High degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to meeting and exceeding goals.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have an aptitude with various systems including the ability to easily learn new software.
Sugar Land, TX