Human Resources Generalist – Benefits
Department: Human Resources Department
Job Code: HR1806
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Administers and explains respective assigned HR policies, programs, and procedures, and assures compliance. Recommends changes and additions as needed to maintain a competitive edge in the quest for talent.
- Primary contact for all health and welfare plan administration/guidance. Serve as the subject matter expert regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA) provisions.
- Responsible for customization and management of file interfaces with vendors and insurance carriers, ensuring accurate plan enrollments, reconciliations and timely COBRA notifications..
- Manages benefits to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, billing reconciliation, and communicating benefit information to Employees.
- Explains and interprets company insurance program to Employees and dependents, helping Employees select the benefit plan(s) that best fit their needs.
- Manages benefit offering documentation and educational materials, ensuring clear and concise information and communication for Employees.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants to fill entry level, professional, and technical job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
- Represents management in investigating, answering, and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between union personnel, supervisor and the management team.
- Coach management on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Responds to all EEOC charges.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Update HRIS system with new hires, benefits, training records. Pull reports from system as needed and requested by others.
- Partners with HR leadership to recommend, research and implement new approaches, policies, procedures and tools that will build a highly efficient, service oriented HR department
- Facilitates the design and delivery of processes or deliverable products that enable the business to meet business objectives. Researches and submits cost benefit analysis and implementation plans for new programs.
- Manages the Performance Management cycle, including developing and sending communications and report cards to leadership, working with compensation stakeholders to ensure merit increases are proposed, approved, and processed, and ensure all reviews are collected in a timely manner.
- Conduct Compensation analysis in regards to local compensation needs or analysis.
- Creates and distributes innovative and engaging corporate communications.
- Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience in Human Resources benefits administration.
- Knowledge of ERISA, FLSA, Affordable Care Act, vendor negotiations and benefit plan designs.
- Excellent customer service, attention to detail and organization skills.
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
Bilingual in English/ Mandarin Chinese is required
• Sugar Land, TX