Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources Department
Job Code: HR1802
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Administers and explains respective assigned HR policies, programs, and procedures, and assures compliance. Recommends changes and additions as needed to maintain a competitive edge in the quest for talent.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Manage employee relations, including conducting investigations and advising on and administering disciplinary action as needed.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants to fill entry level, professional, and technical job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
- Represents management in investigating, answering, and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between union personnel, supervisor and the management team.
- Coach management on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Responds to all EEOC charges.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Update HRIS system with new hires, benefits, training records. Pull reports from system as needed and requested by others.
- Partners with HR leadership to recommend, research and implement new approaches, policies, procedures and tools that will build a highly efficient, service oriented HR department
- Facilitates the design and delivery of processes or deliverable products that enable the business to meet business objectives. Researches and submits cost benefit analysis and implementation plans for new programs.
- Manages the Performance Management cycle, including developing and sending communications and report cards to leadership, working with compensation stakeholders to ensure merit increases are proposed, approved, and processed, and ensure all reviews are collected in a timely manner.
- Conduct Compensation analysis in regards to local compensation needs or analysis.
- Creates and distributes innovative and engaging corporate communications.
- Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, or a related field.
- 1+ years experience in Human Resources Management.
- Bilingual in Mandarin Chinese is preferred
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
• Houston, TX