Human Resources Administrator
Department: Human Resources Department
Job Code: HR1808
- Maintain strict levels of confidentiality.
- Answers general HR related questions via phone, email, and in person.
- Creates and maintains accurate personnel folders.
- Filing paperwork according to company standards and federal laws.
- Maintains employee vacation and sick time off requests and recording.
- Maintains and updates employee folders for personnel actions.
- Track and maintain training records.
- Assist with pre-employment processing of employment applications and background screenings.
- Assist with annual open enrollment activities.
- Generate various employment/ training/ performance review reports in Excel.
- Perform various clerical duties such as faxing, scanning, and copying of documentation.
- Assisting with day to day administrative duties.
- Responsible for customization and management of file interfaces with vendors and insurance carriers, ensuring accurate plan enrollments, reconciliations and timely COBRA notifications.
- Manages benefits to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, billing reconciliation, and communicating benefit information to Employees.
- Explains and interprets company insurance program to Employees and dependents, helping Employees select the benefit plan(s) that best fit their needs.
- Manages benefit offering documentation and educational materials, ensuring clear and concise information and communication for Employees
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Creates and distributes innovative and engaging corporate communications.
- Update HRIS system with new hires, benefits, training records. Pull reports from system as needed and requested by others
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, or a related field.
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources Administration.
- Strong verbal & written communication, muti-tasking, organization, time management and presentation skills
- Advanced Experience with MS Office applications, including MS Word, Excel PowerPoint. Experience with mail merge, vlookup, pivot tables, etc.
- Knowledge of ERISA, FLSA, Affordable Care Act, and benefit plan designs.
- Excellent customer service.
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
• Houston, TX