Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Job Code: EHS1803
Entry level position to assist EHS officer to insure the health, safety, and environmental compliance at the facility. The position will require a conscientious, dedicated person that will pay attention to details because the wellbeing of others will depend on them. Will need to work some weekends and nights as needed.
Assist with all aspects of environmental health and safety task at the facility. Duties will include monitoring process safety, emergency response, inspections and audits, waste management, training, recordkeeping, and regulatory compliance.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to draw conclusions and recommend courses of action.
- Ability to develop and deliver EHS training material for various personnel.
High School diploma and some previous experience, Preferred: Degree in EHS field
0-4 years of EHS experience.
- First aid/ CPR;
- Emergency response experience
- Respirator training
- HAZWOPER training
- Fire extinguisher.
Sugar Land, TX