Job Code: ACCT1810
Maintains and reviews product standard cost and analyze cost variances for management action.
- Collects data to determine costs of material, direct labor, and overhead as part of month end closing procedure.
- Develops and reviews labor and overhead standard costs to reflect actual costs on periodical basis
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provides management with reports with analysis of cost variances by products
- Assist and lead in special projects as necessary including process improvements, efficiency recommendations and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly production yield, cost variance and efficiencies report and analysis.
- Prepares detailed account analysis and reconciles sales, cost and inventory accounts.
- Coordinates with IT department for system issues, maintenance and development such as production, material purchasing, goods receiving, goods shipping, and other inventory related transactions.
- Performs cost month-end closing on 1st working day, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Develops and deploys strategies for cost accounting, internal controls and management
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Work in special projects as required
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookup, PivotTable); SAP experience required
- Master's Degree and 5+ year cost accounting experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing accounting
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadline
- Strong working ethic and the ability to communicate with other people
- Must be bilingual in Mandarin Chinese
• Sugar Land, TX